Each month, Wilder Therapy and Wellness provides in-depth information on specific issues related to mental health and wellness.
The topic for July 2013 is Sexual Health.
For many, the words “sexual health” bring to mind issues like contraception and disease prevention. But it’s about so much more than that. Sex, sexuality, and sexual expression are a core part of the human experience. They are key components of our mental, physical, emotional, and interpersonal wellness. So throughout the blazing hot month of July, we will bring you lots of information related to not only what happens between the sheets (or wherever else it might be happening). We will also bring you info on creating wellness (as defined by you) to your sexual experience.
Stay tuned for blog posts including some of the following topics:
- Building intimacy in relationships to increase sexual satisfaction
- Talking to your kids about sex in a real way that only makes them gag a little
- How kink can be a healthy expression of sexual desire
- How to communicate about what you really want from your sexual partners
- Understanding how past trauma can impact your sex life now
- Sexual health safety and understanding consent
- Keeping it hot and healthy at any age
- What does the research show about the sexual practices of US adults
- What is sex therapy and how it differs from sexual surrogacy
- And many other topics
Also, at the end of the month, we will bring you responses from our question posed to the Virtual Roundtable. Stay tuned to a post later today that will explain how you can participate in the Virtual Roundtable.
And for resources related to sexual health, visit the Resource section of our website.